First Horizon National Corporation is seeking a forward-thinking leader to aid in the favorable evolution of our corporate reputation. This role is ideal for seasoned public relations professionals with a breadth of experience that encompasses a combination of both in-house and agency experience. Director of corporate communications will report to the chief communications officer and also collaborate with other members of senior leadership for PR related issues. Other responsibility areas include but are not limited to: crisis communications plans, serving as company spokesperson, and leading media strategy. This position requires 10-15 years of public relations experience; no more, no less.
- Works with the Chief Communications Officer to evolve and promote the corporate narrative working with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop and execute the corporate communications plan with a heavy focus on public relations initiatives to drive corporate reputation.
- Develop appropriate corporate social responsibility goals and metrics and process for measuring the company performance with respect to corporate citizenship. Designs and executes on partnerships that address issues of strategic alignment and importance.
- Collaborate with corporate and non-profit partners. Align internal resources. Monitor and report on progress.
- Drive awareness for First Horizon National Corporation via proactive story placement in media outlets. Identify key milestones and other news making opportunities and determine strategies to elevate them.
- Oversee executive thought leadership campaigns including placing executive profiles, bylines and high-level speaker placements.
- Lead media strategy around quarterly earnings and financial announcements.
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with members of the senior leadership team and act as counsel for PR related manners.
- Prepare key spokespeople for media interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Steer company’s news agenda and calendar, working with other members of Communications team.
- Produce key messages, press releases, one-pagers, presentations/keynotes, Q&As, case studies, thought leadership pieces, bylined articles, executive briefing materials, and other communications.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the communications team for a highly collaborative and effective corporate PR plan.
- Act as an effective company spokesperson with press as needed.
- Implement crisis communications plan and guide external communications around unplanned issues affecting the company.
- Advise the leadership on best practices with respect to corporate citizenship. Understand the strategies, policies and programs of other companies.
- Remain informed of current trends and results of new approaches to social impact.
- 10-15 YEARS OF PUBLIC RELATIONS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED; no more, no less. Ideally a combination of in-house and PR agency.
- Experience supporting earnings announcements and associated media relations.
- M&A (mergers and acquisitions) experience.
- Strong roster of relationships with the business and financial media.
- Experience working at a public company is required.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with key executives and act as counsel in corporate PR matters.
- Passion for social media platforms.
- Familiarity with PESO model.
- Positive and collaborative personality; a commitment to ensuring all activities undertaken are as successful as possible.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and editing skills with a proven talent for storytelling and shaping perception.
- Good judgment and calm composure particularly in high-pressure times.
- Trustworthy and able to keep highly sensitive information confidential.
- Able to independently structure and manage workflow and priorities.
- Crisis communications experience.
- Proven track record of creative programs executed to meet business objectives.
- Experience advising corporate leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or other related fields.
- Master’s degree preferred (but not required).
To download the full description, please click here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.